viernes, 22 de julio de 2016

Research Workshop, Public Policies and Social Stratification in Chile


This is my fourth semester in Sociology, my degree. This semester I don't have only one favorite subject. My favorite subjects are three: "Research Workshop", "Public Policies" and "Social Stratification in Chile". 

In "Research Workshop" I can choose a free topic for research. My favorite field is Sociology of Work, so my research is about the vocational identities and the collective action in the tertiary sector new employees. Since this year, "Research Workshop" is the first stage of the thesis, so it is an important subject. I'm very excited, but I need to read a lot! 

In "Public Policies" you can design and implement a policy to try to solve problems in an organization or association. I'm working with FECH (University of Chile Student Federation). The problem that I try to solve is the student participation, because it is very low.

In "Social Stratification in Chile" you can be aware about the intellectual debate in our country, social classes and the social position of people within a social group. Sometimes in classes, the teacher (Barozet, I love her!) invites experts in some matters for talking with the students. That's very entertaining! My research in this subject is about the opportunities in the Private Higher Education Institutions. 

2 comentarios: