viernes, 8 de julio de 2016

An expert in my field: Enrique De la Garza

My favorite sociology field is Sociology of Work. The Sociology of Work goes back to the classical sociological theorist: Marx, Durkheim and Weber, all considered the analysis of modern work to be central to the field of sociology. For example, Marx was the first social theorist to really examine the conditions of work in factories during the industrial revolution.
An expert in that field is the mexican sociologist Enrique De la Garza. 
De la Garza is teacher in Metropolitan Autonomous University of Mexico. 
He has written 250 articles for scientific magazines, about Labor Process Theory, the employment relationship, situation of work and modes of production in Latina America, among others. 
Some books written by him are: Latino American Treatise of Sociology of Work and Social Theories and Studies of Work.
His contribution is very important for me, because this year I started my research about the vocational identities and the collective action in the tertiary sector new employees. But, I think that the problem of De la Garza is the absence in his theory of collective action. So, the perspective of the author for me is incomplete and more theoretical than practice. 



2 comentarios:


  1. I don't know him... I will read his work. thank for your recomendation.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. E. De la Garza is the most important sociology of labour in Latin America. You must read all book of him!!!!
    congrats!

    ResponderEliminar