sábado, 30 de abril de 2016

Dancer in the Dark - Lars Von Trier

I don't have a favourite movie, but I can say that I have favourite film director. My favourite film director is Lars Von Trier (european film director, because my chilean film director is Pablo Larraín). Lars Von Trier is danish and he is associated with the movement "Dogme 95". In "Dogme 95", the filmmakers concentrate on the story and the actor's performances.

Today, I'm going to talk about a beautiful movie of Lars Von Trier: "Dancer in the Dark", starring icelandic singer Björk (I LOVE HER!). The movie was premiered at the 2000 Cannes Film Festival and was awarded with "Palma de Oro".

The movie is filmed at Washington, United States. Selma (Björk) is a czech inmigrant who has moved to United States with her son. Selma has a hereditary degenerative disease which is gradually causing her to go blind. For that reason, Selma moved to U.S., to look for a work and can save money to pay for an operation which will prevent her little son from suffering the same fate. Selma works a lot and to escape the misery of her daily life, she slips into hallucinations where she imagines the ordinary circumstances with ordinary people into a music theater number.

My favourite part is the end of the film (keep your calm, I won't tell you the end). The song of the end, written and sing for Björk is perfect for that moment and her performance is amazing!
I love this film, because shows the reality: the poverty, treachery for money and the ugly part of the world.

I hate the movies with perfect end.


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario